Wednesday 18 April 2012

Evil or Egotistical? And Other Random Thoughts

Mojave Max (the tortoise) and his girlfriends were out at the Red Rock Visitor Centre this morning! First time we've been here at the right time of year to see them.

One of the perils of being fair skinned . . . sunburned on the first day out even though I put sunscreen on! :-(

I love Whole Foods! We had a great supper of mushroom lasagna, sesame tofu, beluga quinoa salad with butternut squash and spinach, and an organic Zinfandel from Frey Vineyards in California. Yummy! Chocolate awaiting for dessert.

Today was our "warm up" day at Red Rocks. It's been a while since we've been leading on real rock and we haven't been to the climbing gym lately as much as we should; so we started on some relatively easy one-pitch sport climbs. There were a couple other groups at the area we chose to go. This evil little part of me found great pleasure in the fact that I was climbing better and with more confidence than the fire fighter and the two guys covered in tattoos who were there -- all of whom were at least 25 years younger than me!

Andrew pointed out that we didn't know how long they've been climbing. We've probably been climbing longer than they've been alive. At the end of the day I put on my buff (headband) to hide the helmet-head hairdo and Andrew said it's a good thing it's stretchy so that it fit my swelled head!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment