Tuesday 19 October 2021

En Route to Our New Home

Andrew and I have moved to Victoria, BC. It was a somewhat sudden decision but we're happy with it and looking forward to a milder winter season. 

Full moon over Victoria Harbor

Andrew headed out a couple weeks before I did so that he could be there when the movers arrived. I still had the SARscene 2021 conference and a few other things to finish up. And also to be at the Saskatoon end when the movers picked everything up. 

But finally, I was on the road! I left late in the afternoon and got a beautiful Saskatchewan sunset view just outside of Swift Current. 


Driving through the mountains and seeing the changing colors of the trees . . . no photo can do it justice. 



Andrew and I always stop for a short hike at the bird sanctuary whenever we pass through Creston, BC. It was a sunny day but just as I pulled into the parking lot I could hear a couple drops of rain on the van and soon after there was a literal downpour! With the sun still shining. I waited for a few minutes for it to slow down, started my hike, and caught this beautiful rainbow. 



Next stop was Osoyoos where it was a gorgeous evening for a walk on the beach after supper. 


Since I had a shorter driving day before arriving in Port Moody to visit my niece and her husband, I stopped at Manning Park and enjoyed a short hike. 


It felt great to finally arrive in Victoria, to reunite with Andrew and get to our new home! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment