Wednesday 12 September 2012

By the Label . . . Again

While in Newfoundland . . .

As per a previous post, I like "different" wine labels and often purchase wine because I get a laugh from the label or simply like the design. Yes, I know . . . it's the BEST way to choose a wine!  :-)

Needless to say, I couldn't resist these cuties from Auk Island Winery in Twillingate, Newfoundland.

From left to right: Funky Puffin (blueberry & rhubarb), Moose Joose (blueberry & partridgeberry), Jelly Bean Row (strawberry & partridgeberry) and Krooked Cod (blueberry & raspberry).  They come in a handy little Auk Box carrying case and it was ok to mix & match! 




For more immediate consumption I picked up a bottle of 20 Bees pinot grigio. Again, chosen for the great label! But it was also a very nice wine made by Diamond Estates Winery, Niagara-on-the-Lake. 


I had to give the local beer a try as well. The Quidi Vidi Brewery in St. John's is well known in the area and I really enjoyed their Iceberg ale. The blue bottles are unique! 






No comments:

Post a Comment