Sunday 9 July 2017

How I Tried to #BeLikeBruce

Yesterday, the CrossFit community in Saskatoon came together to recognize and honour a good friend and colleague of mine, Bruce Gordon, by inviting people to come and do a Crossfit WOD (workout of the day for those, like me, who aren't CrossFitters!) at a park near Bruce's home. There were hundreds of people there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be one of them.

But in the spirit of the day, I wore the t-shirt and tried my best, under the circumstances and location, to #BeLikeBruce.  (Yes, that's a bicep muscle in the below photo. Not quite as big as Bruce's but . . . )


I went for a swim! (Not! I probably would have drowned. It's the thought that counts, right??)


I went for a bike ride. Ok, so it might have been a borrowed bike. . . . 


I looked up some case law on the www.canlii.org website. Isn't that something a lawyer would do??


I used my cop voice on a radio and said 10-4 a couple times.  ;-) 

And I was taking a paragliding tow operator's course in Drayton Valley. Continuous learning and adventure. That's definitely how I could #BeLikeBruce! 


 Bruce, my friend, I hope you get a laugh out of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment