Monday 18 February 2019

More Diving and Birds at Blackbird Caye

Our dive trip to Belize is at an end. It’s been wonderful to rest and relax for a couple weeks. Thankfully I think we missed the worst of the extremely cold weather back in Saskatoon (i.e. -40 to -50 degress C; 100-year record-setting low temperatures). 

While the first week and a half on Blackbird Caye was quite windy, we then experienced what it is like when the wind shifts to the opposite direction and the island and palm trees block the breeze. The mosquitoes and other insects are ferocious! I usually don’t get bothered too much but now have several large red welts wherever I got bit and I have to try not to scratch. Ugh! Now I know what Andrew goes through much more often. 

We continued to have really nice dives (more turtles and spotted eagle rays) and go for walks each afternoon to search for birds and other creatures such as iguanas, lizards, snakes and hermit crabs. 

"Splish splash I was takin' a bath."
Hello! Hello? Please let me in!















No comments:

Post a Comment