Sunday 23 February 2020

Colima and Comala



Comala, another "Pueblo Magico", is only a short drive from Colima so we decided to spend a night there before heading back to Tapalpa. It's known as the "White Village of America" because, since the 1960's, all of the buildings have been painted white. As with most of the village squares, the church is the centrepiece and, in this case, it made a great backdrop for the town sign.

Our hotel had a few resident peacocks who showed off their feathered displays for us.


I really liked this mural showing off the volcanoes in the area -- Volcán de Colima and Nevado de Colima. Although we did not stop to take photos, we got great views of them on the drive to Tapalpa. 


In Colima (yes, I know I did these two in reverse order of visit but I liked the above Comala sign/photo better!), in addition to the paragliding and the ecoparc, we liked several of the statues that were placed on the street corners and in the main square. Unfortunately, the signage didn't provide much information and I couldn't find anything in a quick search online, but I feel there must be a story behind each of them. 





On the hike down from the paragliding launch I took the time to take a couple photos. This first one caught my eye because of the color.


And these, which we saw several of, looked like yellow roses but on large trees that had no leaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment