Tuesday 28 August 2018

Lizard Adventures

The B&B I was staying at in Titusville had a lovely garden area. It was humorous each time I walked through and along the path to get to the car because several small lizards, enjoying the heat and sunshine, would scatter in all directions.

On my last morning there, I packed up the car and planned to stop at another nature sanctuary for a short hike before heading back to Orlando for the conference I'm attending this week. As I neared the nature preserve, I suddenly realized there's a lizard on the hood of the car! I pulled over to take a photo and he just stared right back at me.


When I got to the sanctuary, I tried to convince him to get off the car but he kept hiding under the hood.


I even explained that he'd had a pretty good gig going in the B&B garden, the sanctuary was good too  but that he really, really didn't want to become a city boy! Especially if he didn't get off before I got back to the airport to return the rental car. Accommodations would not be pretty!


Who knows where he'll end up but I sure hope he manages to escape the airport parking garage and hitches a ride somewhere equally as nice as the B&B garden.

Good luck, little fella!


No comments:

Post a Comment