- Wake at 6:30 am
- Eat breakfast
- Check email etc.
- Meet at dive shop just before (or just after) 8 am
- Head out on the boat for two dives
- Return to Loreto between 2 and 3 pm
- Shower and veg out for a while
- Go out for one of the following: beer, coffee/tea, popsicle
- Download the days' photos & video
- Go out for supper
- Review more photos and videos while trying not to nod off too early in the evening
- Fall asleep within about two minutes of head hitting the pillow
Wake up the next day and repeat!
In other words, it's been a busy but relaxing time! We love the quiet small town and the local people are so friendly. We're staying in a nice little studio apartment about a block from the water and just steps to the main town square. We keep saying we need to stay longer and take a few days off from diving to do some more exploring around the area. There's so much to do and it's such a beautiful place.
Here's a few, mostly land-based, photos from the town and area.
|Pelican hanging out at the marina.|
|Pelican about to launch.|
|Saturday morning fishing crew lined up along the marina.|
|On the boat, enroute to diving.|
|Sunset on the malecon.|
|Looking back at Loreto (La Mision Hotel is largest building.)|
|The beach on Coronado Island -- taking a break between dives.|
|Coronado Island -- a walkway and interpretive path.|
|Misión de Nuestra Señora de Loreto Conchó, or Mission Loreto |
(Yes, I cut and pasted the above caption!)
|Town square. The lovely old Posada de las Flores Hotel on the right. No idea who the bodyless dude is.|
|Along the malecon.|